This City of Hobart is turning Swan Street Park into a vibrant open air space that will be perfect for picnics and lunch breaks.
The plans for this park redevelopment were refined after community feedback revealed people wanted a space with more seating and green spaces, as well as a small, fenced play area.
This project will:
• Create an amphitheatre style urban street park.
• Include pockets of space for smaller groups to make their own.
• Incorporate a special play area for kids with a mini-maze that doubles as seating.
• Feature plenty of seating.
• See the planting of trees to increase Hobart’s urban street canopy and provide shade for visitors.
The project is expected to take six months to complete. During this time the park and a small section of the road reserve on Swan Street will be fenced as a work site.
Access to Swan Street and the surrounds buildings will be maintained.
The land is owned by the Uniting Church of Australia and maintained by the City of Hobart.
The plans for Swan Street Park were created through a Have Your Say communinity engagement process.
That process led to the following changes being made to the initidal design:
For more information about the community consultation process visit the Your Say Hobart website.
Looking down Elizabeth Street into Swan Street Park.
Looking into the park from Elizabeth Street
410 Elizabeth Street, New Town 7000 View Map
410 Elizabeth Street ,
New Town 7000