The City of Hobart Annual Plan 2021-22 sets out the major actions and initiatives that the City will focus on in the year ahead.
The actions and initiatives in this year’s plan will continue to address the social and economic impacts of COVID-19 on the community. We will work with the community to build resilience in this ever-changing environment and with all levels of government to advocate for the support needed in the community.
Annual Plan 2021-22(PDF, 2MB)
The City has faced and will continue to face financial challenges from the impact of COVID-19. By reviewing priorities and identifying significant cost-savings the City can deliver the services the community expects and an extensive works program.
Some of the key highlights for the year ahead include:
- Completion of the final phase of the Salamanca Place Precinct upgrade.
- Improvements to parking, drainage and cycling infrastructure at the Regatta Grounds.
- The installation of new toilets at Long Beach, Sandy Bay and Tolmans Hill playground and other toilet upgrades.
- New cycle lanes on Argyle and Campbell streets.
- Delivery of the City of Hobart’s grant program and targeted support for businesses and community groups.
- A transition plan for the future of the Taste of Tasmania.
- Celebrations for the 40th anniversary of the Christmas Pageant and the 50th anniversary of Salamanca Market.
The major actions and initiatives in the Plan are aligned with and designed to achieve the strategic outcomes in the Capital City Strategic Plan 2019 - 29 and Hobart: A community vision for our island capital.
Progress of the actions in the Annual Plan will be monitored and reported to the Council throughout the year and in the Council’s Annual Report for 2021-22.