The Annual Plan is an important part of the City of Hobart's business planning process. It details the major actions and initiatives that are undertake in a financial year to work towards achieving the outcomes in the Capital City Strategic Plan.
Annual Plan 2023-24(PDF, 2MB)
In addition to the operational day-to-day activities undertaken by the City of Hobart, the Annual Plan 2023-24 sets out the high-level actions and initiatives officers will undertake to achieve the outcomes from the Capital City Strategic Plan. These high-level actions and initiatives will help position the City as a thriving place to live, work, visit and invest.
In 2023-24 we have committed to:
- focussing on strategic and land use planning to prepare the city for growth and change. This includes development of a Future Hobart Plan 2050 and neighbourhood plans for Sandy Bay/Mount Nelson and North Hobart
- investing in community sport and recreation infrastructure including the construction of the new change room, amenities and public toilets at Queenborough Oval A Sport and Recreation Strategy will be developed to prioritise and unify the City's community facilities and services
- working with neighbouring Councils to identify shore-based infrastructure needed to support an expanded ferry service along the River Derwent
- continue to upgrade the Salamanca retail precinct; and improve the way we move around the City through a new Transport Strategy and Parking Plan
- develop the City of Hobart Climate Strategy 2030 to continue the City's commitment to urgent action on climate change
- review the Aboriginal Commitment and Action Plan and the Community Commitments that form the Hobart: A city for all framework.
The effectiveness of the major actions and initiatives in the Annual Plan will be monitored through quarterly progress reports to the Council and in the City of Hobart Annual Report.