Public spaces bookings
Elizabeth Mall, Salamanca Square, Collins Court, Wellington Court and Mathers Place are available to be booked by not-for-profit organisations and community groups staging one-off events and activities to promote their charity or awareness campaign.
The spaces are governed by the Public Spaces By-Law and our terms and conditions(PDF, 277KB).
For your booking to be considered for approval, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- must be a registered charity/not-for-profit organisation, or a community group
- must not be a commercial business
- your event/activity must be of benefit to the Greater Hobart community
- your event/activity must not be for the purpose of promoting a commercial business.
A charity, not-for-profit or community group is defined as one of the following:
- Not-for-profit organisation is an organisation that does not directly operate for the profit or gain of its owners, members, or shareholders, either directly or indirectly. Any profit must be used to further the organisation's purpose, must not be distributed to members, owners, or shareholders, either while the organisation is operating or when it winds up.
- Incorporated association is an association that has been incorporated in accordance with the requirements of the Associations Incorporation Act 1964.
- Registered charity is a charity that is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
- Social enterprise is a business with a clear and stated social, environmental, or cultural mission. They are usually driven by a public or community cause, derive most of their income from trade (not donations or grants) and use most of their profits to work towards their social mission as defined by their constitution.
If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact the Activations team by phone on 03 6238 2890 or email email@example.com.
Making a booking
To check date availability and to receive the application form, please contact the Activations team.
When completing the online booking form, you will need to include a copy of your:
- Certificate of Currency (showing your Public Liability Insurance)
- COVID-19 Safety Plan for your event/activity.
If you are collecting donations as part of your event or activity, a copy of your Tasmania Police Collections Permit is required before your booking can be approved.
For further information, please contact the Activations team by phone on 03 6238 2890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org