City of Hobart Budget 2021-22
The 2021-22 City of Hobart Budget was adopted on 21 June 2021. With a $141.2 million operating budget and a $42.9 million capital works program, this year's budget forecasts a $1.49 million underlying surplus.
Significant cost-savings have been achieved across the organisation, which has resulted in a budget that delivers on the services our community expects without big increases to rates.
City of Hobart 2021-22 Budget Estimates(PDF, 1MB)
Budget media release
- $141.2m operating budget
- $1.49m forecast underlying surplus
- 2.73% average rate increase
- 0% increase to waste collection and landfill rehabilitation charges
A $42.9m capital works program includes:
- $18m for roads and footpaths
- $4.4m for parks and sporting infrastructure
- $3m for stormwater upgrades and renewal
- $2.7m for cycling infrastructure
- $1.8m for public toilets and amenities
City of Hobart 2021-22 Budget snapshot(PDF, 492KB)