The City of Hobart provides grants for community groups and non-profit organisations to develop projects or events, or specific elements of ongoing programs, that foster opportunities for access and participation, and for responding to community issues and concerns.
To apply, you must review relevant guidelines for program objectives, eligibility information and assessment criteria.
All applications are assessed against the assessment criteria. It is important to note that meeting all criteria does not guarantee that an application will be successful.
Projects funded during the latest round of the Grant Program
To apply for a grant you need to register with SmartyGrants. Click 'Apply Now' below and then 'Log In'. From the page that is displayed you can then register as a user and commence your application. You can also preview the application form.
|| Grant amount
|| Key dates
|Community Quick Response Grants
|| Up to $500
Available all year round for projects occurring at least five (5) weeks and no greater than six (6) months from the date of application.
| Guidelines(PDF, 2MB)
||Online application form
| $1000 - $5000
2019 Round 1
Funding to support projects commencing after 30 June 2019
Grant Round Closed: 12 March 2019 - 10 pm
Date of Notification : 3 May 2019
2019 Round 2
Funding to support projects commencing after 31 December 2019
Grant Round Opens: 31 August 2019
Information Session : 1 pm and 5.30 pm Tuesday, 10 September 2019 (Town Hall)
Grant Round Closes: 30 September 2019
Date of Notification : 25 November 2019
| Guidelines(PDF, 1MB)
||Application form for Round 2 available on Saturday 31 August 2019
- Hobart: A community vision for our island capital
- Capital City Strategic Plan 2015-2025(PDF, 3MB)
- Social Inclusion Strategy(PDF, 1MB)
- Multicultural Strategy(PDF, 401KB)
- Youth Strategy(PDF, 482KB)
- Children & Families Strategy(PDF, 359KB)
- Positive Ageing Strategy(PDF, 1MB)
- Equal Access Strategy(PDF, 2MB)
- Housing and Homelessness Strategy(PDF, 310KB)
- Grant and Partnership Acknowledgment Guidelines(PDF, 3MB)
- A Guide to Hobart's Creative Places(PDF, 7MB)
- Sample Auspice Confirmation(DOCX, 12KB)
- Australian Taxation Office - Statement by a Supplier Form
03 6238 2132