Greywater reuse

Greywater is waste water generated from bathrooms (showers, baths and hand basins), laundries (washing machines and troughs) and kitchens (sinks and dishwashers) - refer to Guide to domestic grey water use on the Dept of Justice website.

Permanent greywater systems

If you want to install a permanent greywater system, including diversion devices and/or treatment systems, you will need to lodge an  application for a Plumbing Permit through the online services development portal.

As part of your application, you need to supply supporting documents, which may include site plans, appropriate hydraulic calculations and documentation, and a Geotechnical Assessment Report. These documents are to be completed by a suitably qualified engineer. 

If you have questions regarding greywater reuse, please phone 03 6238 2715.