Like many popular events in Hobart our Bush Adventures summer program has been impacted by the spread of COVID-19.
For Bush Adventures it means we have had to cancel a number of summer activities at short notice. But rest assured, we will do all we can to deliver the remainder of our summer activities in a COVID-safe way.
And for any activities that are cancelled a refund will be processed for bookings.
Summer program 2022
Let nature be part of your story making this summer as you create magical memories exploring and enjoying Hobart's diverse and beautiful bushland reserves.
As always Hobart’s wonderful mountain, forests and woodlands are open for all to explore and enjoy. And remember, the simple choice of spending more time in nature will do you a world of good.
- Rock pool rambles
- Bush Stories
- Water bug monitoring
- Tall Tree Discovery walks
- Dancing with the birds
- Nest Box Workshop
- Go Wild Go Solo adventures
We look forward to seeing you out and about this summer.
Bookings are essential for all Bush Adventures.
There are also more exciting activities still to come soon, so please check back at our TryBooking page regularly.
Getting the balance right
In programming Bush Adventures activities in the current climate we need to balance our role delivering fun and engaging activities with the need to contribute to community efforts that limit the spread of COVID-19.
- We are mindful that many of our activities cater to young children who haven’t until very recently had the opportunity to be protected by vaccination.
- We aim to be flexible and responsive to the developing COVID situation.
- If we can do so safely we will return to delivering the Bush Adventure activities you love so much. Without doubt there will be some changes to the timing, number and types activities we can deliver.
We're still game for more Bush Adventures!
Keep on exploring
Even though our Bush Adventures activities may be on hold Hobart’s beautiful bushland reserves remain open, and will no doubt provide a welcome sanctuary for many of us over the coming months.
The City of Hobart has produced some great online maps to help you find bushland tracks and trails to walk or ride, and the Greater Hobart Trails website is another fabulous source of information.
Bookings are essential for all Bush Adventures
- Family events are open to children of all ages.
- Children can only be booked into Bush Adventures activities suitable for their age and out-of-age siblings can attend under the supervision of a parent/guardian - free of charge.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult - except Go Wild Go Solo events, 10-14 years.
- Just for Adults events are children free activities.
- Please contact us with any questions or suggestions: email@example.com
Receive the Bush Adventures program every season when you join the Bush Adventures Mailing List.
Terms and conditions
Activity Age Requirements
Children can only be booked into Bush Adventures activities suitable for their age.
For our Bush Kids program, out-of-age siblings can attend under the supervision of a parent/guardian - free of charge.
We ask parents/guardians to be mindful that siblings do not detract from the enjoyment and engagement of others.
The Go Wild, Go Solo program has a strict minimum age of 10 years and parent/care attendance is not required.
All ages activities are $5.50 per person.
Child activities are $5.50 total per child, with accompanying adults and out-of-age siblings free of charge.
Go Wild Go Solo activities are $8.80 per child.
Adult targeted activities are $8.80 per person.
(This fee includes a 50c booking fee applied by the trybooking website).
All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
FOR ALL ACTIVITIES please bring a drink of water and healthy snack. Always wear suitable clothing for the weather and conditions.
Look out for the Bush Adventures flag when arriving at any activity.
Unfortunately, ACTIVITIES MAY BE CANCELLED in the event of unsuitable weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
All booked participants will be notified in the case of cancellation and a refund, less the booking fee, will be issued.
Please do not attend any activity if:
- You or your children are unwell.
- Have been in contact with someone who has tested positive to COVID.
- Are awaiting a COVID test result.
- Have been instructed to self-isolate.