The City of Hobart Event Grants program provides grants for a range of events that provide benefits to both the local and wider community. The City of Hobart supports events which:
- enhance community identity
- encourage accessibility and community participation
- support and enhance the cultural life of Hobart
- celebrate cultural diversity
- deliver economic benefits through increased visitation and promotion
- enhance the reputation of Hobart as an attractive tourist destination.
All applications are assessed against assessment criteria. It is important to note that meeting all criteria does not guarantee that an application will be successful.
Projects funded during the latest round of the Grant Program
To commence an application you will need to register first with SmartyGrants. Click 'Apply Now' below and then 'Log In' on the next page. You can then register as a user and commence your application. From this page you can also preview the application form.
Amount: up to $100 000
Key dates: 2019 Round 2
Funding to support projects commencing after 31 December 2019.
Grant round opens: 31 August 2019
Grant round closes: 30 September 2019
Date of notification: 25 November 2019
Event Grants Guidelines(PDF, 2MB)
Apply online: the next application will be available in 2020.
Relevant strategies and other documents
03 6238 2132