Bushfire Management Strategy
The current City of Hobart Bushfire Management Strategy was reviewed and updated in 2013–14 and was endorsed by Council in September 2014.
You can view the Bushfire Management Strategy here: City of Hobart Bushfire Management Strategy.(PDF, 1MB)
About the strategy
The current strategy addresses:
- planning policy, including Part 5 Agreements/Bushfire Hazard Management Plans
- wildfire risk management in bushland reserves and on other City of Hobart-owned land
- land management policy regarding developments neighbouring City of Hobart land
- community response and recovery
- wildfire and climate change impacts
- integration with the City of Hobart Emergency Management Plan
- improved cross-boundary fire management collaboration with large property owners in Hobart
- closer working relationships with neighbouring municipalities
- community resilience building, and supporting the Tasmania Fire Service Community Preparedness Planning projects
- ways to create closer strategic, operational and training links between Tasmania Fire Service and City of Hobart.