Councillor Anna Reynolds was elected Lord Mayor of Hobart in November 2018, the third woman to be elected into the role. First elected as an Alderman to the City of Hobart in 2014, she was Chairperson of the Parks and Recreation Committee during her first term.
Anna began her career establishing a community legal centre in North Queensland, after completing her degree at the Australian National University. She has held senior roles in advocacy, policy development and management, including:
- Managing the Australian Conservation Foundation’s Parliament Liaison Office
- Deputy Director of WWF International’s Global Climate Change Program
- Chief Executive Officer of the Multicultural Council of Tasmania
As Lord Mayor, Anna is focused on a range of issues including affordable housing, climate change, active transport, and protecting Hobart’s heritage.
Cr Reynolds is the Council's representative on the following external committees and bodies:
Cr Reynolds is Patron of:
- Hobart Hurricanes (Co-Patron)
- Justice Reform Initiative
- The Friendship Force of Hobart
- The Hobart City Band Inc
- The Salvation Army
- The Sandy Bay Senior Citizens Club
She is Vice Patron of:
- Surf Life Saving Tasmania Inc.
- National Council of Women Tasmania Incorporated
- The Art Society of Tasmania Inc
- Totally and Permanently Incapacitated Ex Servicemen and Women (Tas Branch)
Read the Lord Mayor’s Welcome to Hobart
The role of the Lord Mayor
The Lord Mayor's Annual Report 2020(PDF, 1MB)
Lord Mayoral Receptions
Upon request, the Lord Mayor can consider hosting a reception for clubs and organisations to celebrate significant occasions in the Lord Mayor’s Court Room at the Town Hall.
For more information and to submit a request, please visit the Lord Mayoral reception in the Court Room page.
Protocol guide to form of address
The formal title for the Lord Mayor is: The Right Honourable, the Lord Mayor of Hobart, Councillor Anna Reynolds
Letter – Addressee Details:
The Right Honourable the Lord Mayor of Hobart
Councillor Anna Reynolds
City of Hobart
GPO Box 503
HOBART TAS 7001
Letter Commencement: Dear Lord Mayor
Personal Address: “Lord Mayor”
Mayor in the Chair
The Lord Mayor hosts a free drop-in session to raise issues or questions directly with her. More information