Alexandra Battery exists as one of six batteries built in the 1880's to form the Derwent River Defence Force Network.
A large area of open space with a large old fort complex, including tunnels and store rooms, this site has superb views of the River Derwent, north the Tasman Bridge and City, south to the South Arm and the estuary opening.
629-663 Sandy Bay Road, Sandy Bay 7005 View Map
629-663 Sandy Bay Road ,
Sandy Bay 7005
Image of Alexandra Battery