Change of circumstances with your dog
It is important that you tell us if there has been a change of circumstances with your dog, such as:
- a change of address (for 60 days or longer)
- you have moved to a different municipal area
- your dog passes away.
To let us know about any of the above changes you can complete and submit the Change of circumstance for dog registration and we will update your details.
Alternatively you can print out the form(PDF, 43KB) and submit using one of the methods outlined below.
If the ownership of a dog has changed you will need to complete the Transfer of ownership request (dog registration)(PDF, 49KB) . Both the previous owner and new owner are required to complete and sign each relevant section.
You can return this form in one of the following ways:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- post: GPO Box 503, Hobart TAS 7001
- in person: at Hobart Council Centre, 16 Elizabeth Street, Hobart.
You must let the General Manager know of any change to your dog registration within 14 days, according to the Dog Control Act 2000, or you may be fined.
If you have any questions, please contact us on 03 6238 2182.