About the Project
Salamanca Place on Hobart’s waterfront houses major hospitality and retail activity, as well as being home to one of Australia’s most loved outdoor markets. This project will deliver great improvements to the appearance and amenity of Salamanca Place and provide a fresh, contemporary look and feel to the street.
The project will involve:
- widening and re-paving the footpath on Salamanca Place between Gladstone Place and Montpelier Retreat
- improving stormwater drainage
- improving access for people with visual impairments as well as people with limited mobility, by clearing the building line of tables, chairs and signs
- removing tripping hazards by creating a smooth transition between the footpath and road.
Construction will start in May 2017 and is due to finish in late spring 2017.
While the works are underway there will be significant changes to traffic lanes, footpaths and parking to ensure the safety of the public during the construction.
In planning this project, every effort has been made to minimise disruption to the community by:
- ensuring access to all shops and businesses is maintained
- providing safe routes for pedestrians, business operators, road users and a safe working zone for construction personnel
- minimising the impact on traffic flow along Salamanca Place by keeping two lanes open at all times.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during the works.
Salamanca Place, Battery Point 7004 View Map