Regatta Ground car park and cycleway upgrade
The City of Hobart is upgrading the Regatta Ground car park, which will include the installation of a separated cycleway linking the existing Hobart track with the Macquarie Point cycleway.
The existing car park will be sealed and formalised to ensure parking spaces are clear. The works also include stormwater drainage improvements.
Details and timeline
- The works are expected to be completed in December, weather permitting.
- The car park will continue to be available at a limited capacity throughout the construction period.
- To conduct the works safely, temporary footpath and road closures will be in place during the construction period from 7 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Pedestrian access to the amenities building will be maintained at all times.
- From 12 July, cyclists will need to dismount when leaving or entering the cycleway as stormwater works will be happening at this location. This requirement will be in place for eight weeks to ensure the safety of cyclists and crews.
We will make every effort to minimise disruption throughout the works, subject to construction and safety requirements. Road users and pedestrians are asked to follow directions. Signage will be in place to guide people safely.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience while we carry out this essential work.
This project is partially funded by the Federal Government through the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program.
Car park plan
Regatta Ground car park plan(JPG, 933KB)
Mcvilly Drive, Queens Domain 7000 View Map