How do I apply for a minor amendment to an existing planning permit

If you want to amend your approved plans or any other minor component of your approval, then you can submit a request for amendment online. You answer questions about yourself and the project, upload documents in PDF format and pay the application fees.

Submit a planning amendment online on our online services development portal.

These applications are known as a Section 56 application because Section 56 of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993 gives the City of Hobart the powers to consider an amendment.

If your application was discretionary under the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993, then adjoining owners and occupiers and anyone who made representations about the original application when it was advertised will be advised that the permit has been amended. They have a right of appeal if they believe the amendment will result in any detriment to them.

Note: if you are not the owner of the land, you will need to declare that you have the consent of the owner.