Communications, complaints, and feedback

The City of Hobart operates under a Customer Service Charter that guides the services we provide. We administer over 130 services that may be subject to an enquiry, service request, compliment or complaint.


If you want information, you can submit an enquiry. This may be a question about the opening hours of the Argyle Street car park or the confirmation of immunisation dates. Generally, questions will be answered immediately. In some instances, an enquiry may lead to a service request.

Service request

If you have an issue with a service (e.g. missed bin collection, faulty parking meter) or you would like to request action regarding a specific issue (e.g. barking dog, overhanging vegetation), please complete the online customer request form at the bottom of this page.

Alternatively, you can call 03 6238 2711.


If you have had a positive experience that you would like to provide feedback on, you can write to the General Manager, GPO Box 503 Hobart 7001, email, or complete the form at the bottom of this page.

When we know about outstanding employee efforts, it helps us encourage and promote customer service excellence across the organisation.


The City of Hobart places great emphasis on the prompt and efficient handling of complaints. A complaint is defined as an expression of dissatisfaction with the level or quality of service and/or employee behaviour.

Complaints may be about:

  • a delay in response following a service request
  • behaviour or attitude of employees
  • withdrawal or reduction of a service.

Complaints should be sent to the General Manager, GPO Box 503 Hobart 7001, or via email They should include your name, address, contact telephone number and description of the issue.

Your complaint will be directed to the appropriate division for investigation and response. A written response will be provided within 10 working days. If the matter is complicated and requires more investigation, the investigating officer will write to you within 10 working days to let you know how long a response may take.

If your complaint is about an injury to yourself or property damage, please complete our Incident Report Form(PDF, 1MB). You may include relevant photographs with your completed incident report form.

If your complaint is about the behaviour of an elected member, please see our page about formal code of conduct complaints

For more information regarding complaints against local government, please visit the Department of Premier and Cabinet website.  

General request form

Click here to view form.

If the online form does not display, you can download a PDF version here: General customer request form(PDF, 39KB)