Community Support Package
The City of Hobart has developed a $3.5 million Community Support Package to assist ratepayers and businesses experiencing hardship due to COVID-19.
Assistance for ratepayers
- Interest and penalties will be deferred for ratepayers having difficulty paying the fourth instalment of rates payments for the 2019-20 financial year.
- Council has adopted a Financial Hardship Assistance Policy(PDF, 214KB) to provide assistance to ratepayers suffering financial hardship by providing an appropriate level of relief from rates.
- A freeze on general rates and most fees and charges for the 2020-21 financial year.
Apply for Financial Hardship Assistance
Assistance for businesses
- Rent relief for tenants of City-owned premises who are experiencing hardship.
- Waiving of fees such as for outdoor dining and food licences.
- Food businesses can apply to expand outdoor dining at no cost.
- Establishment of an online store to support Salamanca Market stallholders.
- Introduction of eCommerce Quick Response Grants to assist with the transition to online sales.
- A strengthened commitment to local procurement.