International Student Support Grants
Hobart's isolation and scale have required resilience. We know that future challenges will demand that we work hard and work together. But we are our best selves in times of adversity and vulnerability. We are caring, helpful and supportive of everyone at all times but especially when things get tough. We flourish in times of hardship.
The City of Hobart and Study Tasmanian are providing funding to support the delivery of projects and programs that address the challenges and vulnerability that international students face due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
International Student Support Quick Support Grant
Supports community organisations and groups in Greater Hobart to deliver projects, programs and initiatives that assist international students be actively engaged in the community.
Examples of activities that can be supported include:
- addressing barriers for participation, such as participation fees or supply of materials
- providing membership to sports or recreation activities to enable participation
- recruiting international students as volunteers for projects
- recognising the contribution of students who have volunteered
- the presentation of activities that support positive healthy lifestyles.
The International Student Support Quick Response Grant Guideline(PDF, 1MB) outlines the application process, eligible and assessment criteria.
Applications open: Tuesday 26 October 2021
Applications close: 5 pm Tuesday 31 May 2022
Notification of outcome: Within 10 days of submission of a complete application
Activity timeframe: Activity starts no sooner than one month after the submission date of the application and between 1 July 2021 and 30 June 2022
03 6238 2132