Park and Ride
Each year at Christmas, the City of Hobart hosts free parking at the Regatta Grounds and provides a free shuttle bus to and from the city centre.
The service will run from 14 to 24 December 2020, from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm. The shuttle bus is wheelchair accessible.
Please note: Park and Ride will not operate if the Regatta Grounds are closed.
Hours of operation
The gates will open to the Regatta Grounds at 9.15 am each morning and will be locked at 6 pm each evening. Vehicles will not be able to exit after this time.
After hours access
Please contact Coverall Security to remove your car after hours on (03) 6238 2711. A call-out fee will apply and must be paid prior to removal of your vehicle.
- Please maintain physical distancing while you wait at the bus stop.
- All passengers are required to use hand sanitiser when they board the bus.
- The coach will be frequently cleaned and commonly touched surfaces disinfected.
- Please do not catch the service if you are feeling unwell.
Shuttle route and stops
The shuttle bus will run in a continuous loop, approximately every 15 minutes, between the Regatta Grounds and the city, dropping passengers off at 85 Elizabeth Street (opposite Banjo’s) and outside the Royal Hobart Hospital on Argyle Street if required.
The shuttle bus route is provided below.
Monday, 14 December 2020 | 12:00 AM
- Thursday, 24 December 2020 | 11:59 PM
Regatta grounds, McVilly Drive, Hobart 7000 View Map