Application for commercial filming and photography

The City of Hobart regulates filming and photography permits to ensure that activities are conducted according to our safety and amenity regulations, and minimising interruptions to residents and businesses.

You will require a permit if you are using a street, park, mall, car park, roadway, cycleway, or other public area within the Hobart municipal area, a permit is required to film or take photos of a commercial nature. A filming permit has to be submitted a minimum of one week before filming.

A permit is not required if you are filming on private property.

If you are unsure if you require a permit, or unsure if your location falls within the City of Hobart area, please phone 03 6238 2434.

Submit the application online or fill in the form(PDF, 67KB) and return it by:

  • email:
  • post: City of Hobart, GPO Box 503, Hobart Tasmania 7001
  • in person: Customer Service Centre, 16 Elizabeth Street, Hobart