Australian Government support and information
The Australian Government has announced a range of COVID-19 related support for businesses, including employer and sole trader payments, credit support and payments for employers of trainees or apprentices.
- Business.gov.au has the most up-to-date information for businesses related to COVID-19.
- AusIndustry - Energy Efficient Communities Program are providing their Small Business Grants, of up to $20,000 to improve their energy efficiency. Grants may be used for equipment and component improvements, energy audits, feasibility studies and/or energy use and emission monitoring. You can subscribe to to AusIndustry Tasmania e-news here.
- Subscribe to the Business.gov.au newsletter.
- Business.gov.au also offers:
- The Australian Tax Office has the most up-to-date information for businesses related to COVID-19. Call the ATO's support info line on 1800 806 218.
- You can also find tax-related information from the ATO's frequently asked questions.
JobKeeper monthly declarations:
It’s time to take the next step and make a monthly business declaration for JobKeeper. You have from the 1st to the 14th of each month to complete your monthly business declaration via the ATO Business Portal. Go to the ATO's summary of JobKeeper key dates for more information.