In Tasmania the State Government operates a Government Business Enterprise known as Metro to undertake public passenger bus services in the major urban areas. The extent of Metro operations can be found on their website, along with information on routes, timetables, fares and other relevant information.
Metro Tasmania website
Regional and Statewide Connections
Regional connections around the State are provided by private bus operators, and some areas also have supplementary services provided by tourist bus operators. Please check with the Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre for further information.
• Mersey Link (Devonport Metropolitan Bus Service)
• Redline Coaches (State wide coach services)
• Tassielink Transit (State wide bus network)
• O'Driscoll Coaches (Derwent Valley Link Service)
Taxi's and Hire Vehicles
Taxi’s operate within most metro areas, although they are not always readily available in the smaller towns around Tasmania. Taxi’s with larger capacity, or with wheelchair carrying ability are generally available on request.
- Airport Taxi Service Group - 0418 179 202
- Chauffeured Cars & Coaches - 1300 308 000
- Executive Taxi Service - 0411 488 734
- Tascabs Hobart inc Prestige Taxi Service - 0406 106 067
- Taxi Combined Services - 13 2227
- United Taxis - 13 3222
- Yellow Cab Maxi Taxi - 13 6294
Hire cars are available both form the Hobart Airport, other airports around the state and within the major metropolitan centers.
A Google search for “Hire cars Hobart Tasmania” will return several dozen hire car companies based in and around Hobart.