The Hobart City Council has endorsed a new strategy to guide Council's economic development focus for the next five years.
The City of Hobart’s Economic Development Strategy 2013 - 2018 complements the Council's existing Vision 2025 Strategic Plan. Although the Council recognises there are many important economic activities that exist within the City, the strategy is based on the areas where the Council can make the most difference.
The strategy focuses on five priority areas:
- Understanding the economic drivers for a local or regional community
- Understanding the weaknesses, vulnerabilities and opportunities within communities
- Seeking to broaden the economic base and minimise impacts
- Establishing strategic alliances and relationships with existing or potential businesses / markets
- Creating networks within communities to build relevance, engagement and participation
*Please note that the Economic Development Strategy (2013-18) is currently being refreshed to reflect a number of changes in the economy that have occurred since 2013.