The Hobart City Council provides a range of support to community and cultural events and activities through its Community, Cultural, and Event & Festival Grants programs.
The Council is a major partner of Dark Mofo 2013
Dark Mofo (June 13-23, 2013) is the Museum of Old and New Art's inaugural winter festival celebrating the dark through large-scale public art, food, music, light and noise.
For ten days in and around Hobart, there will be concerts and performances, many of which will take place in Council venues; MONA's first public art project and exhibition 'Beam In Thine Own Eye'; the Hobart City Council Dark Mofo Winter Feast; a Dark Mofo Films program; plus the Mona till Midnight opening of the new major exhibition, 'The Red Queen'; along with the usual Mofo after-hours debauchery at Dark Faux Mo.
For more information and ticket sales visit www.darkmofo.net.au
Some of the other events Council has supported include:
- Australasian Police and Emergency Services Games 2010
- Italian Festival North Hobart
- Taspride Festival 2009
- Estia Greek Festival of Hobart
- Hot August Jazz Festival
- The Soundscape Festival 2010
- Point to Pinnacle Recreational Walk & Run
- Robocup Junior Tasmania 2009 State Finals
- RACT Insurance Challenge
- Mona Foma
- 6A Sound Festival
- City of Hobart Bonfire & Fireworks
- 2009 State Open Taekwondo Championships
- Australian Band Championships 2010
- Australian Junior Chess Championships
- The Mountain Festival
- Waterworks Harvest Fair
- Hobart City Council Tasmanian Tropfest Award
- City of Hobart Eisteddfod
- Royal Hobart Regatta
- Sandy Bay Regatta
For further information regarding Council assistance and Community, Cultural and Event & Festival Grants, phone (03) 6238 2100 or visit the Community Grants page.