Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 December 2013
A free family event at St David's Park, Hobart
Gates open: 5.00pm
Events commences: 8.15pm
Event concludes: 10.00pm
Entry: Via gates on Sandy Bay Rd, corner of Sandy Bay Road & Davey Street and the corner of Davey Street and Salamanca Place
Cost: Free, but patrons MUST have a wristband as their ticket to enter the event.
Carols by Candlelight is a free event but patrons will be required to collect a wristband which will be their ticket for entry.
Wristbands will be available at the following locations, from Monday 18 November:
- Council's Customer Service Centre (Monday to Friday 8.15am – 5.15pm)
- Elizabeth Mall Information Booth (Monday to Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm, Saturday 10.00am to 2.00pm)
- Centrepoint Car Park Information Desk (Hours to be confirmed)
- The Hobart Aquatic Centre (Monday to Friday 6.00am to 9.00pm, Saturday & Sunday 8.00am to 6.00pm)
This will be a traditional Carols by Candlelight event featuring local performers Andrew Hickman, Lizzie Moore, Grace Ovens, Shewit Belay, Martine Holliday who will be joined on stage by a local orchestra and choirs to perform a large number of well known carols along with Christmas music.
WHAT TO BRING:
Your free ticket wristbands for entry;
- Rugs and cushions;
- Ground style seating - chairs with low backrests only;
- Food and beverages are available on site for purchase but patrons are welcome to bring picnics and beverages.
- As this is a family event it is alcohol restricted. Please only bring small quantities of alcohol with you in line with safe drinking standards. Alcohol will not be sold on site. Intoxication will not be permitted; and
- Your best Christmas singing voice and Christmas spirit.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Pets (except assistance animals);
- No high backed or elevated chairs, bean bags or inflatable furniture;
- Large umbrellas;
- Sparklers / fireworks;
- Tents or marquees;
- Hard-sided hampers, coolers and eskies; and
- Any item which may impede other people's enjoyment of the show or deemed dangerous.
AVAILABLE ON SITE:
- Programs, candles and some merchandise will be available on site from Variety - the Children's Charity Tasmania.
- Food and beverage will be available from vendors onsite.
- Carols by Candlelight is a non smoking event under the Tasmanian State Government's Smoke Free Management Plan for Public Events.
- Patrons will need to leave St David's Park to smoke.
- Butt Out containers will be provided outside of the Park environment at designated smoking areas.
Argyle Street Car Park will be open until 11pm on both nights.
PARK AND RIDE:
Metro buses will run to the normal timetable on Saturday with additional bus services offered on Sunday evening. For more information on the service please click here.
- Hobart Carols has never been cancelled in recent times, and will proceed even if it rains, so please watch the weather forecast and be prepared to come along with a raincoat.
- In the unlikely event that the weather creates extremely hazardous conditions such as extreme winds, flooding or potential fire danger, a decision will be made whether to stage the event.
- Listen to our radio station partner 7 HOFM 101.7 for event updates over the weekend.