A free family event at St David's Park, Hobart
Saturday 13 & Sunday 14 December 2014
Gates open: 5.00pm
Event commences: 8.15pm
Event concludes: 10.00pm
Entry Via three gates:
1. Sandy Bay Road
2. Corner of Davey Street and Salamanca Place
3. Corner of Davey Street and Sandy Bay Road
Cost: Free event, but patrons MUST collect a ticket prior to the event in order to enter the venue. Sorry, no ticket, no entry.
Tickets will be available at the following locations, from Monday, 17 November.
Your Habitat Hobart, 70 Liverpool Street Hobart. Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm, Sunday 10am to 4pm.
Council's Customer Service Centre, Crn Elizabeth and Davey Streets. Monday to Friday 8.15am – 5.15pm.
Elizabeth Mall Information Booth, Elizabeth Mall. Monday to Friday 10.am to 4pm, Saturday 10am to 2pm.
Centrepoint Car Park Information Desk. Monday to Friday 8am to 6.15pm, Saturday 8.30am to 5.15pm, Sunday 9.30am to 4.15pm.
The Hobart Aquatic Centre, Davies Avenue, Queens Domain. Monday to Friday 6am to 9pm, Saturday & Sunday 8am to 6pm.
Held in the magnificent St David’s Park, the Your Habitat Hobart Carols by Candlelight will feature much loved traditional carols and some family favorite Christmas songs. The Taroona High School Senior Concert Band will be joined by the Musical Theatre Crew Choir and performers that include Kate Wilson, David Gilkes, James Bourke, Martine Holliday and Crew-Sing.
WHAT TO BRING:
- You must bring your free ticket for entry.
- Please feel free to also bring the following;
- Rugs and cushions.
- Ground style seating - chairs with low backrests only.
- Coffee and other beverages are available on site for purchase. Patrons are welcome to bring their own picnics and beverages.
- As this is a family event it is alcohol restricted. Please only bring small quantities of alcohol with you in line with safe drinking standards.
- Alcohol will not be sold on site. Intoxication will not be permitted.
- Your best Christmas singing voice and Christmas spirit.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Pets (except assistance animals).
- No high backed or elevated chairs, bean bags or inflatable furniture.
- Large umbrellas.
- Sparklers / fireworks.
- Tents or marquees.
- Hard-sided hampers, coolers and eskies.
- Any item which may impede other people's enjoyment of the show or deemed dangerous.
AVAILABLE ON SITE:
Your Habitat Hobart Carols by Candlelight event programs, Santa hats, glo candles and other Christmas merchandise will be available onsite from Variety – the Children’s Charity.
Coffee and snacks will be available from vendors on site.
Your Habitat Hobart Carols by Candlelight is a non smoking event under the Tasmanian State Government's Smoke Free Management Plan for Public Events.
Patrons will need to leave St David's Park to smoke.
Butt Out containers will be provided outside of the Park environment at designated smoking areas.
Argyle Street car park will be open until 11pm on both nights.
PARK AND RIDE:
Metro buses will run to the normal timetable on Saturday with additional bus services offered on Sunday evening.
- This Hobart Carols by Candlelight has never been cancelled in recent times, and it will proceed even if it rains, so please watch the weather forecast and be prepared to come along with a raincoat.
- In the unlikely event that the weather creates extremely hazardous conditions such as extreme winds, heavy rain, flooding or potential fire danger, a decision will be made whether to stage the event.
- Listen to our radio station partner 7HOFM 101.7 for event updates over the weekend.