A free family event at St David's Park, Hobart
Saturday 13 & Sunday 14 December 2014
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
Saturday 13 December and Sunday 14 December Your Habitat Hobart Carols by Candlelight events are both now at capacity. There are no tickets available for either Saturday or Sunday night.
All patrons must have a ticket prior to the event in order to enter the venue.
The City of Hobart is delighted about the positive response to this year’s event and would like to thank the community of Hobart.
Gates open: 5.00pm
Event commences: 8.15pm
Event concludes: 10.00pm
Entry Via three gates:
1. Sandy Bay Road
2. Corner of Davey Street and Salamanca Place
3. Corner of Davey Street and Sandy Bay Road
View Larger Map
Held in the magnificent St David’s Park, the Your Habitat Hobart Carols by Candlelight will feature much loved traditional carols and some family favourite Christmas songs. The Taroona High School Senior Concert Band will be joined by the Musical Theatre Crew Choir and performers that include Kate Wilson, David Gilkes, James Bourke, Martine Holliday and Crew-Sing.
WHAT TO BRING:
- You must bring your free ticket for entry. No tickets will be available at the gate on either night and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Please feel free to also bring the following;
- Rugs and cushions.
- Ground style seating - chairs with low backrests only.
- Coffee is available on site for purchase. Patrons are welcome to bring their own picnics and beverages.
- As this is a family event it is alcohol restricted. Please only bring small quantities of alcohol with you in line with safe drinking standards.
- Alcohol will not be sold on site. Intoxication will not be permitted.
- Your best Christmas singing voice and Christmas spirit.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Pets (except assistance animals).
- No high backed or elevated chairs, bean bags or inflatable furniture.
- Large umbrellas.
- Sparklers / fireworks.
- Tents or marquees.
- Hard-sided hampers, coolers and eskies.
- Any item which may impede other people's enjoyment of the show or deemed dangerous.
AVAILABLE ON SITE:
Your Habitat Hobart Carols by Candlelight event programs, Santa hats, glo candles and other Christmas merchandise will be available onsite from Variety – the Children’s Charity.
Coffee and snacks will be available from vendors on site.
Your Habitat Hobart Carols by Candlelight is a non smoking event under the Tasmanian State Government's Smoke Free Management Plan for Public Events.
Patrons will need to leave St David's Park to smoke.
Butt Out containers will be provided outside of the Park environment at designated smoking areas.
Argyle Street car park will be open until 11pm on both nights.
FREE METRO BUS SERVICE:
Metro buses are providing a FREE bus service to and from the event each night for ticket holders. Simply present your ticket between 4pm and 8pm on any route into Hobart for your free trip. Normal bus routes apply on Saturday evening and trips are free for the return.
Metro’s normal Sunday services have ceased operating by the time the event is scheduled to conclude. To cater for patrons needing a bus home, Metro will operate free services on a number of key routes at the conclusion of the programme. These services will depart at 10.15pm from Davey Street between Murray Street and Sandy Bay Road as follows:
Route 74 to Blackmans Bay via Kingston and Southern Outlet - directly outside St David’s park on Davey Street between Sandy Bay Road and Salamanca Place
Route 117 to Gagebrook via Bridgewater and Main Road (all stops) - from the existing bus stop between Salamanca Place and Murray Street (at the stop closest to St David’s park)
Route 615 to Camelot Park via Shoreline and Eastlands - from the existing bus stop between Salamanca Place and Murray Street, (near the corner of Murray and Davey Streets) and parked behind Route 117 bus
For more information visit the Metro Tasmania website.
- The Your Habitat Hobart Carols by Candlelight has never been cancelled in recent times, and it will proceed even if it is slightly raining, so please watch the weather forecast and be prepared to come along with a raincoat.
- In the unlikely event that the weather creates extremely hazardous conditions such as extreme winds, heavy rain, flooding or potential fire danger, a decision will be made whether to stage the event.
- Listen to our radio station partner 7HOFM 101.7 for event updates over the weekend.