Your Habitat Carols by Candlelight
A free family event at St David's Park, Hobart
Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th December 2015
Gates open: 5.00pm
Event commences: 8.15pm
Event concludes: 10.00pm
Held in the magnificent St David’s Park, the Your Habitat Hobart Carols by Candlelight will feature much loved traditional carols and some family favourite Christmas songs.
The event host this year is Jane Longhurst, an accomplished actress and performer. Joining Jane are local performers Grace Ovens, Josh Direen, Jeremy Pyefinch, Cassie Ogle and Martine Holliday who have all won major awards at this year’s City of Hobart Eisteddfod. Performers will be accompanied by the City of Hobart Carols by Candlelight School Choir and the Taroona High School Senior Concert Band. The Program again features much-loved traditional carols and fun, family favourite Christmas songs. A reliable source has also advised that Santa will be in attendance!
Your Habitat Hobart Carols by Candlelight is a smoke free event.
All patrons must have a ticket prior to the event in order to enter the venue and attendance numbers are strictly limited.
Tickets will be available for collection from 16 November 2015 at the following locations:
- Your Habitat, 70-72 Liverpool Street, Hobart
- Hobart Council Centre, 16 Elizabeth Street, Hobart
- Doone Kennedy Hobart Aquatic Centre, 1 Davies Avenue, Hobart
- Centrepoint Car Park Information Booth, Centrepoint, Hobart
- Elizabeth Mall Information Booth, Elizabeth Street Mall, Hobart
For further information phone 6238 2410 during business hours.
Important Event Information
Entry Via three gates:
1. Sandy Bay Road
2. Corner of Davey Street and Salamanca Place
3. Corner of Davey Street and Sandy Bay Road
View Larger Map
WHAT TO BRING:
You must bring your free ticket for entry. No tickets will be available at the gate on either night and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please feel free to also bring the following;
Rugs and cushions.
Ground style seating - chairs with low backrests only.
Coffee is available on site for purchase. Patrons are welcome to bring their own picnics and beverages.
Your best Christmas singing voice and Christmas spirit.
As this is a family event it is alcohol restricted. Please only bring small quantities of alcohol with you in line with safe drinking standards.
- Alcohol will not be sold on site. Intoxication will not be permitted.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
Pets (except assistance animals).
No high backed or elevated chairs, bean bags or inflatable furniture.
Sparklers / fireworks.
Tents or marquees.
Hard-sided hampers, coolers and eskies.
- Any item which may impede other people's enjoyment of the show or deemed dangerous.
AVAILABLE ON SITE:
Your Habitat Hobart Carols by Candlelight event programs, Santa hats, glo candles and other Christmas merchandise will be available onsite from Variety – the Children’s Charity.
Your Habitat Hobart Carols by Candlelight is a non smoking event under the Tasmanian State Government's Smoke Free Management Plan for Public Events.
Patrons will need to leave St David's Park to smoke.
Butt Out containers will be provided outside of the Park environment at designated smoking areas.
Argyle Street car park will be open until 11pm on both nights.
FREE METRO BUS SERVICE:
Metro buses are providing a FREE bus service to and from the event each night for ticket holders. Simply show your ticket to the bus driver for the following services.
On Saturday 12 December
- Free travel for ticket holders on any inbound Metro Tasmania route to Hobart City between 4pm and 8pm, and any outbound Metro Tasmania route from Hobart City between 9.30pm and11pm; and
On Sunday 13 December
- Free travel with for ticket holders on any inbound Metro Tasmania route to Hobart City between 4pm and 8pm.
- Three free charters departing at 10.15pm from Davey St between Murray St and Sandy Bay Rd as follows:
- Route 74 to Blackmans Bay via Kingston and Southern Outlet
- Route 117 to Gagebrook via Bridgewater and Main Road (all stops)
- Route 615 to Camelot Park via Shoreline and Eastlands
The Your Habitat Hobart Carols by Candlelight has never been cancelled in recent times, and it will proceed even if it is slightly raining, so please watch the weather forecast and be prepared to come along with a raincoat.
In the unlikely event that the weather creates extremely hazardous conditions such as extreme winds, heavy rain, flooding or potential fire danger, a decision will be made whether to stage the event.
Listen to our radio station partner 7HOFM 101.7 for event updates.