A-Z | Site map

Occupational Licence

Occupational Licence (outdoor dining)

Occupation licences may be issued to restaurant owners and operators to facilitate the placement of tables, chairs, umbrellas and other furniture used for outdoor dining. There are certain minimum dimensions that must be maintained for pedestrian movement along a footpath, other conditions and fees apply.

Occupational Licence (other than outdoor dining)

Occupation licences are also issued to permit the display of goods for sale on footpaths in front of existing shops.

In limited circumstances where there is no adverse effect on the public, occupation licences may also be issued to residents and other property owners to enable them to occupy part of a highway reservation.

Fees and conditions apply.

Information sheet and application form (DOC) 

For occupational licence enquiries, telephone (03) 6238 2970 or email: coh@hobartcity.com.au.

Customer Service Centre

16 Elizabeth St, Hobart
Office Hours: Mon–Fri 8.15am–5.15pm
Telephone (03) 6238 2711
Email coh@hobartcity.com.au

Postal address

Town Hall, Macquarie St
GPO Box 503
Hobart Tasmania 7001