Hobart regularly comes to life with fun & family friendly activities. This page will be regularly updated with what community activities and school holiday programs will be happening in Hobart.
Competition: Your Favourite Place in Hobart
The Your Favourite Place in Hobart Photography and Short Video Competition is open for entries between 17 May and 17 June 2017.
Each week we'll feature entries on our Hobart City Guide Facebook page- stay tuned to see some amazing places in Hobart.
How do I enter?
• Think about your favourite place and make a plan for capturing it using either video or photography
• Fill out the entry form and upload your photo or video.
Judges Choice Award – Short Video
• One night’s accommodation in a two bedroom apartment at Old Hobart Woolstore for a family of four. Prize valued at $549 and valid until 17 December 2017
Judges Choice Award - Photograph
• One 20 visit Family Pool Pass to the Doone Kennedy Hobart Aquatic Centre, valued at $400
People’s Choice Award Prizes for Short Video and Photography
• 6 x Family City Loop Passes thanks to Red Decker Tours, valued at $90 each
• 2 x Family Movie Passes thanks to the State Cinema, valued at $70
• 4 x Family Passes thanks to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, valued at $60 each
• 4 x Meal Vouchers thanks to Fish Frenzy, valued at $50 each
• 4 x Meal Vouchers thanks to Mures Lower Deck, valued at $50 each
• 2 x Book Vouchers thanks to Fullers Bookstore, valued at $40 each
How will the winners be chosen and when will winners be announced?
The Judges Choice video will be chosen by a selection panel consisting of City of Hobart staff and an external professional digital artist.
The judges will be looking for the most creative video and image that best capture family spirit and enjoyment of place.
The People’s choice winners will be selected via a voting poll on the Hobart City Guide Facebook page. The eleven photographs and eleven videos receiving the most votes will each win a prize.
The Judges Choice Winner and People's Choice winners will be invited, along with the broader community, to a special event in July at the City of Hobart Youth Arts and Recreation Centre. Date and time to be announced. Photographs and videos will be showcased at the event.
Does it cost anything to enter?
Entry is FREE
General Terms and Conditions
• Photographs and videos must be taken in the Hobart Local Government Area
• Photographs and videos must feature family
• Entries will be accepted from 17 May to 17 June 2017
• Photographs must be submitted in jpeg format and be a minimum size of 150 KB
• Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds, and be submitted in mp3 format
• Judging will take place late June 2017
• Winners will be announced in July (date TBC) and promoted on the Hobart City Guide Facebook page
• Further terms and conditions are included in the entry form
• Entry Form
What's on- Celebrate Families Week
For a downloadable version of all the autumn holiday activities, you can download the Hobart Kids Family Week Program.
The City of Hobart Imagination Playground is a mobile play system made up of big blue blocks in many unique shapes and sizes. It encourages creativity, social development, movement and overall, fun! The Imagination Playground will be popping up all over Hobart. Imagination Playground sessions are FREE and a great way for kids of all ages to get outdoors and be active. Keep an eye out for dates and times to be announced.
Keep up to date
To keep up to date with what’s on in Hobart during the school holidays sign up to the Hobart Kids mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: Chris Phelps 2016