Hobart City Council provides a range of activities and services that benefit children and families. These include:
In November 2007 Council implemented a new community development approach for supporting children and families in the Hobart municipal area. Initiatives include:
- Networking and building partnerships within the children and families service sector with a view to identifying strengths, needs and gaps in services and programs and working to identify solutions
- Coordinating information about services and facilities for families in the Hobart municipal area (Hobart Family Information Pack)
- Adopting a whole of organisational approach to ensure coordination of all Council activities that support children and families
- Establishing mechanisms for consultation with, and community involvement of, children and families
- Developing relationships with Schools and Childcare Services
- Undertaking specific community development initiatives, such as Children's Week events, road safety initiatives in partnership with the Department of Infrastructure Energy and Resources and responding to community opportunities as they emerge.
Hobart Family Information Pack
The Hobart Family Information Pack is a directory of services including information about schools, childcare centres, parks, playgrounds, playgroups, relevant Government and non Government agencies, recreational facilities, medical services and other facilities for children and families in the Hobart municipal area.
The Hobart Family Information Pack is available through relevant organisations, from the Hobart Council Centre and online.
If you would like to comment on the Hobart Family Information Pack please complete the Online Evaluation Form.
If your organisation is not included in this resource and you would like to be included in future updates, or your information has changed, you can complete an Online Form to have your details submitted to us.
If you have a logo you wish to include, please email a jpg version to: